I cannot believe it is 2017, let alone already the end of February. The day after I was back from holiday in January I hit the ground running with the gym. First class back was BJJ and it was tough, but I loved being back at it! The last 6 months of 2016 showed me all I needed was the right activities to keep me motivated and I was determined to continue the trend.
It is never too late to start a resolution and if you are wondering about my fitness journey, check out my post on My Fitness Story and 5 Tips for Keeping to Fitness Resolutions!
I am still constantly lugging around a ridiculously large gym bag everywhere with me and my hamper is more than 50% gym clothes, but I love it.
- I am finally back to my MBA starting weight ~55 kg (~122 lbs), which means to-date I have lost about 5 kg! From this point on, I don’t think I have much more I can lose so it really is all about the toning up for me.
- Starting to notice more definition in my arms from Muay Thai
- I have dropped a pant (trousers for you Brits out there) size
- Really been enjoying Pole Dancing classes since the new year! It’s such a rush when you finally manage to successfully do a new move and makes all the bruises you get from it worth it. Although I am far from being graceful on the pole, I’m still quite proud of how far I have come and I highly recommend getting a bottle of Dry Hands if you are interested in getting into it!
- I recently got myself a blender and have started to make myself morning smoothies or Acai bowls as a healthy and cheaper way to start the day.
- Tiger Balm and Salonpas patches were some of the things I picked up in Thailand to help relief some of soreness I got from working out. They are absolutely magical! After a long and hard workout, a sauna break and a good shower this is exactly what I need to end a workout. The menthol smell and the hot/cold sensation it gives just makes me feel better.